Technological revolutions and advancement have had a great impact on all industries, including the marina industry. Most businesses in the marina industry have been quick to recognize the modern, renewed landscape of the industry and have adopted modern solutions and tools in order to upgrade themselves, and stay efficient and competitive. This blog covers how DockMaster helps businesses in the marine industry to streamline their operations, boost efficiency and maximize profitability.
Firstly, what is DockMaster?
DockMaster is an industry-leading marine management system for marinas, boatyards, and boat dealerships. Simply put, it offers robust and feature-packed solutions for the day-to-day management of your marina, boatyard, or boat dealership.
Some of the key features and highlights of DockMaster software are mentioned below –
- Service Management (Work Order Processing): This can be used to manage estimates and convert them into work orders with just a few steps. Templates can be defined to eliminate repetitive entries of the same tasks.
- Time Functions in Mobile: Service techs can now be empowered on the go. Available on both the Android and iOS platforms, DockMaster Mobile offers a mobile time clock, time card, and scheduler to track the actual amount of time spent on a job. Avoid the potential errors that come with paper time sheets.
- Inventory Management: Provides all the necessary tools for efficient inventory tracking, including purchasing, integration to point of sale and integration with the service management (Work Order) features.
- Point of Sale: DockMaster’s Point of Sale module is a touch-screen-enabled product designed to be customized at every level. Interfacing with the inventory module, our POS software updates your master inventory assuring that the quantities on hand are always correct. Creating special orders for your customers directly from within POS is quick and easy, along with many more available components to assist with your day-to-day operations.
- Financial Management: Financial Management helps all areas of your business that generate accounting entries that feed into the general Ledger, with a full audit trail capability.
- Sales Management (Boat and Major Unit Sales): This is designed to help you oversee major unit inventory, track purchase orders and receivables, manage prospects (CRM), and guide/track your sales team.
- Lead Management: Lead management allows you to easily assign prospects to sales team members, monitoring follow-up activity, letters, and emails. It is fully integrated with the Boat (Major Unit) Sales module, as well as Service (Work Order Processing) and Marina Management (Storage and Billing) modules.
- Marina Management: Customized to fulfill the specific needs of marinas, such as boat storage and billing, reservations, and launch management.
- FuelCloud – Integrated Fuel Management: FuelCloud combines cost-efficient hardware, a cloud-based web portal, and a mobile application to give marinas real-time insight into their fuel. With the DockMaster integration slippage is greatly reduced and your team will be that much more efficient.
In conclusion, while there are various factors that determine the overall success of a marine business, one of the factors that play a key role is the quick adoption of new technologies and upgrading processes periodically. To book a consulting and training session with DockMaster, click here.
About DockMaster Inc.
DockMaster is a technology solutions company dedicated to the marina and marine industry. Visual Marina™ management includes storage & billing, occupancy tracking, reservations, and dry stack management, including integrations to leading consumer applications for boat rentals, online reservations, concierge/launch schedule, and our new fuel integration with FuelCloud. To learn more, visit www.dockmaster.com