DockMaster’s Latest Version Includes Several New Features And Improvements
In 2018, DockMaster launched their award winning Ideas Portal. This allowed our customers to submit and vote on enhancement requests. From there, our staff was able to review requests and come to a consensus with our customers over what should be implemented. By opening a constant dialogue with our customers, we have been able to make several enhancements to our software. More features were added and we are still looking for more to implement, with our customers’ valuable suggestions. Thus the latest version of DockMaster is packed with new features and improvements.
Our Ideas Portal was so well received that Boating Industry magazine granted DockMaster a 2018 Top Product award. With the Ideas Portal continuously helping us better serve our customers, it’s time to go over the improvements we’ve managed to make over the last year. Stay tuned for our new blog series, where we will delve further into each new feature and integration, all aimed to better serve you.
This past March, we released major changes in the way DockMaster users schedule, track and analyze technicians’ service time. Important information is now viewable at a quick glance. Technicians’ names are listed across the top of the schedule and each tech column lists the technician’s scheduled hours for either a daily or a weekly period. The default view even gives you a 19-day view of the technician’s scheduled hours, with the option to zoom in to view a more detailed insight for each day.
DockMaster Mobile App
After receiving a Top Product award from Boating Industry in 2018, we were determined to once again receive the honor in 2019, and we accomplished that with DockMaster Mobile. Our mobile app provides a mobile Time Clock and Time Card entry by technicians to track labour hours and comments. Our new scheduler’s functionality will be integrated into DockMaster mobile later this year. This modern and intuitive mobile app provides all the functionality available in DockMaster’s desktop version in both an Android and iOS app.
SQL Reporting Services
We have developed a series of dashboards that will bring your data to life. Thanks to high quality, SQL reporting and dashboard tools from Microsoft’s Power BI, your dashboards are easy to use and more advanced than ever. Power BI is readily available to Office 365 users and has a simple web-based offering for general business users. DockMaster has completed dashboards for both AR and AP, and we’re also working on dashboards for marina operations, parts, service and sales. As our client, you will have these dashboards available at no additional charge. We can also modify these dashboards to fit your business through our Professional Services organization.
User Customizable Printing
We’re very pleased to say that our next release will reveal a set of new layouts for service printing. These new layouts will follow a similar format of the existing layouts. The major difference is the new layouts can be easily modified in Service Printing Layout Maintenance by the DockMaster user.
New Integration Partners
Our new integration partners have added value to DockMaster clients. DockMaster’s award winning application programming interface continues to grow and companies developing consumer facing apps and niche products for the marine industry come seeking DockMaster a a partner. In turn, we seek out third party solutions that help us better serve our customers. Here are DockMaster’s most recent integration partners and how they’ve enhanced our marine software.
– PartSmart: PartSmart allows you to quickly and accurately find the right part the first time. With PartSmart, you get access to a manufacturer’s electronic catalog via a custom replacement parts lookup portal. The integration also lets you import parts onto a purchase order, special order or work order.
– FuelCloud: FuelCloud is a fuel management system that collects date, time, volume, price and customer account information automatically. A fueling attendant can stream this directly into DockMaster. All updates and transactional information are available in real-time through the DockMaster integration.
– Kenect: Our integration with Kenect allows you to quickly send text messages to your customers. Your customers will love the seamless communication you can provide, whether it’s to notify them of a repair being complete or that a special part is ready for pickup. Customers can be prompted to share a quick review via text once their service is fulfilled.
– SpeedyDock: SpeedyDock is an online launch management system with a mobile app. Boaters can schedule launches and request fuel, and ship store items. Both the DockMaster and SpeedyDock applications are in sync, eliminating the need for double entry.
– Swift Harbour: Partnering with Swift Harbour provides the best in class sales, booking and hospitality platform for marinas that accept transient moorage. Getting bookings is easier than ever with DockMaster Online Reservations, as you can accept bookings from your website, social media pages, online ads, Swift Harbour apps and more. With unlimited booking links, you can provide customers with the ability to book you instantly.
Even with all these recent improvements to our software, we continue to seek new ways to enhance our software, with the help of our customers. So be sure to keep submitting suggestions via our Ideas Portal. We’ll be sure to keep updating you on the enhancements and new features we plan to implement in the future.
Here at DockMaster, we’re always seeking ways to improve our software and that means adding new features and teaming with more integration partners. In turn, your marine software is as powerful as it can be and lead you to continued success. We can’t wait to tell you more on how our new features will help you. Stay tuned!
DockMaster Software is an industry leading management system for marinas, boatyards, and boat dealerships. DockMaster includes Unit Sales, Prospecting and F&I with fully integrated financial management and numerous integrations with CRM applications, dealer websites and text/messaging services. The Service module includes estimating, labor tracking, and complete parts management with ordering/receiving, subcontractor fulfillment and invoicing. DockMaster Mobile allows technicians to clock on/off jobs from any mobile device. Visual Marina™ management includes storage & billing, occupancy tracking, reservations and dry stack management, including integrations to leading consumer applications for boat rentals, online reservations, concierge/launch scheduling and our new Fuel Integration with FuelCloud. DockMaster also includes Point of Sale, Order Entry with eCommerce and a complete accounting system. Learn more at www.DockMaster.com and follow DockMaster on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org